Pre-birthing acupuncture has been used for millennia. Over the last few decades, it has been refined and researched to give the best possible results. Treatments usually run over 4 weeks from week 36-40 and will assist you and your baby to prepare for a natural birthing process. The treatments will be individually tailored to cater to your specific needs so that you are in the best possible condition mentally and physically for this wonderful journey.
What the research on pre-birthing acupuncture shows.
Research conducted in 2004 by Debra Betts and a midwife colleague in Australia with 169 women, concluded
- 35% fewer chemical inductions overall.
- 43% decrease in the number of chemical inductions for first-time mothers.
- 32% less epidurals required.
- 32% reduction in the number of emergency cesarean deliveries.
- 9% increase in the number of normal vaginal births.
Benefits of pre-birthing acupuncture
- Prepares you for a natural delivery.
- Decreases the average birthing time.
- Lowers the need for medical intervention.
- will reduce the overdue delivery time.
- Reduces fears or anxiety.
- Assists in correcting Breech babies and helps your baby to engage.
- Treatments are tailored to your needs, thus complications such as backache and Pelvic Dysfunction will be minimal.
At Dan-tien Acupuncture I have tailored the pre birthing courses based on research and training by Debra Betts, Zita West and renowned Doctors in China including Dr. Qiao, Dr. Yan Han and other renowned authors such as Maciocia Giovanni. I also incorporate practical advice and relaxation techniques to ensure that your birthing process is memorable for all the right reasons. I will also show you and your partner how to use acupressure during each stage of the birthing process. This will help you and your partner to share these precious moments.
If you would like to discuss our pre-birthing options please feel free to contact us at email@example.com