What Makes Abdominal So Phenomenal!
The area of the abdomen known as the Dantian or field of Elixir has always had a great significance in TCM, Qi Gong, Tai Qi, Yoga and many other therapeutic and exercise based systems throughout the ages. It is where our life force our Jing (essence) originates from. This area contains powerful Ren Mai points including Ren 6 (Qihai) and Ren 4 (Guanyuan) which have a particularly strong influence on the Kidneys and nourishing both pre heaven and post heaven (natal) qi. The abdomen contains both Yin and Yang meridians and has access both directly and indirectly to all the Ordinary and Extra ordinary meridians.
- Ren 8 (Shenque) is the source of the Abdominal Meridian System (AMS) (according to its founder Prof ZhiYun Bo) and is where all the other meridians (Jing Luo) originate.
- The Sanjiao or Triple Burner with all the Zang Fu organs are in close proximity to the area of the abdomen used in Abdominal Acupuncture.
- There are a number of Front Mu and other influential points on the abdomen.
- The Abdomen contains a number of “Nodal control centres”which direct important aspects of the embryo’s development (see Dr. Shang’s ‘growth control theory of acupuncture’) and are thought to be very important in the mechanisms by which acupuncture works!
- The Abdomen is our second brain, with the highest number of neurones outside of the brain and spinal cord.
- The abdomen contains approximately 95% of Serotonin (the happy hormone) which plays a role in many emotional and digestive functions.
- The abdominal second brain also regulates homeostasis through its actions on the autonomic nervous and much more…………..
This short article is just a small sample of what I discuss in chapter 2 of my book “Mastering the Art of Abdominal Acupuncture”. I try to bring various aspects of Traditional Chinese theory and more recent Western / conventional scientific theory together to help explain the myriad of potential therapeutic effects of Abdominal Acupuncture. I find it all incredible and yet obvious that the modern scientific evidence consolidates the ancient and modern Chinese TCM scientific theory.
In Ch 2 of my book I cover the following areas in more detail;
- The historical importance of the abdomenand it special significance
- The vicinity of the Zang Fu organs with regard to Abdominal Acupuncture points
- The special influence of Abdominal Acupuncture on the Triple Burner
- The regular and extraordinary meridiansand the relationship with the abdomen
- The importance of the extraordinary organs and how they affect the abdomens energetics
- Western scientific support to the potential therapeutic power of the abdomen.
If you would like to download a free sample of this first English language book on the subject of Abdominal Acupuncture please feel free to do so on www.centre-force.com